Formations&Co » FORMATIONS&CO ADHERES TO THE GLOBAL COMPACT
- 18 January 2018
- Posted by: Administrateur F&C
- Category: News ,
Formations&Co was set up on the basis of strong moral values. Chez AT Formations & Co, we are proud of our ethics and integrity, and we therefore naturally find ourselves working within the 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact, which we wanted to adhere to and support.
What is the United Nations Global Compact?
The Global Compact is a United Nations initiative. launched in 2000, to encourage companies worldwide to adopt a socially responsible attitude by committing to incorporating and promoting a number of principles relating to human rights, international labour standards, and the fight against corruption. While it primarily targets the business world, the Global Compact also encourages the participation of civil society, professional organisations, governments, UN agencies, universities and other organisations.
The 10 principles
- Droits de l’homme
1. Companies are encouraged to promote and respect the protection of international law relating to human rights
2. To ensure that they are not complicit in the violation of human rights.
- International labour standards
3. Businesses are encouraged to respect freedom of association and to recognise the right to collective bargaining;
4. To contribute to the elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour;
5. To contribute to the genuine abolition of child labour;
6. To contribute to the elimination of all discrimination in employment and occupation.
7. Companies are encouraged to adopt a precautionary approach to environmental issues;
8. To undertake initiatives to promote greater responsibility for the environment;
9. To promote the implementation and distribution of technologies that respect the environment.
- The fight against corruption
10. Companies are encouraged to act against all forms of corruption, including extortion of funds and bribes.